Corporate Sustainability Specialist
Jern, stål og metaller - Produksjon
Would you like to work in a challenging, interesting, global, and multi-cultural environment? Where your knowledge and skills will be utilised to improve the working conditions for our employees and the Environments in which we operate. Then we would like to get to know you.
As our Corporate Sustainability Specialist, you will have a key role in Elkem’s global climate roadmap; aiming to reduce emissions towards net zero while growing supplies to the green transition. You will be part of the Corporate EHS team and support our Divisions to achieve sustainability targets, especially related to Scope 1,2 and 3. You will work from the customer’s perspective and be the main point of contact for customer demands related to information for Carbon Footprint and life-cycle assessments (LCA) of our products.
We are looking for a person that can:
- Establish standards for data collection related to Scope 1, 2 and 3 and ensure consistency across Divisions within Elkem
- Follow, understand, and influence Regulatory framework related to Elkem’s business interests on a global basis
- Contribute to the strategic process related to Carbon Footprint framework for Elkem
- Assist Divisional resources with customer requests and information for Carbon Footprint and LCA process
- Co-ordinate resources (Internal and External) across Divisions to ensure that the goals of Elkem are achieved as per schedule
- Train the internal organization on Climate issues
The desired qualifications for the role should be:
- Educational qualifications at equivalent of bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Excellent communication skills in English (read, write, and speak)
- Knowledge of Environmental legislation
- Knowledge of the Climate reporting (Scope 1, 2 and 3)
The skills that will be required are the following:
- Independent and proactive approach to make sure we meet the needs of our customers
- Ability to influence, coach and cooperate with people of multicultural backgrounds
- Coordination and control of meetings
- Ability to set up strategies and plans for improvement activities
The position reports to VP EHS and the work location is Oslo or Kristiansand.