Contract & Procurement Supervisor
DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
Undertake and execute day-to-day operational contract & Procurement activities in support of DNO’s, operations in Kurdistan from conception to contract close out. Conduct contract management activities to ensure effective contracts administration and performance management of contracts ensuring cost recovery. Training and Development of local staff including one on one and on the job training.
The following key is used in this section:
(A) – position requires an awareness of what is required
(S) – position requires a skill in being able to fulfil this aspect of the role
(K) – position requires that knowledge is required to fulfil this aspect of the role
- Responsibility for planning, sourcing and placement of contract & Procurement packages, in compliance with C&P procedures and JV terms. (S)
- Development and mentoring of national staff and supporting personal development plans (S)
- Drafting of training plans and identification of training providers (S)
- Preparation of documentation for sign off by Management Committee members. (S)
- Responsible for development, compilation and execution of pre-qualification exercises, contracting strategies, invitation to tender documentation, tender openings and evaluation of tenders received, including detailed analysis of commercial and contractual qualifications, and execution of contracts; (S)
- Review and further develop specifications and scopes of work in conjunction with Contract Holder; (S)
- Undertake prequalification of contractors and suppliers when required; (S)
- Ensure compliance with DNO and JV requirements along with governance and compliance obligations and ensure an audit trail to secure cost recovery. (S)
- Establish contractor Key Performance Indicators to support performance management in conjunction with Contract holder (S)
- Coordinate kick-off meetings with DNO and contractor personnel to review the Scope of Work, coordination procedures, contract measurables and deliverables, KPI’s and change process and ensure the Contractor understands invoice and payment procedures in Contracts; (S)
- Ensure that Contractor provides up-to-date copies of Insurance Certificates and/or Guarantees as per the Contract; (K)
- Conduct contract management activities to ensure effective contracts administration and performance management of contracts including progress to date, value of work done, quality of services, progress measurements as per contract KPI’s, cost and schedule controls; (S)
- Monitoring of compliance with the contract terms; Report any non-compliances. (S)
- Verify that HSE requirements under the contract are complied with, enabling monitoring of the quality of Contractor HSE performance and indicate actions to improve performance in conjunction with HSE Manager or Projects HSE Manager; (K)
- Monitor, track and keep record of the actual contract expenditures against the ACV and the Value of Work Done and application for milestone payments as applicable; (K)
- Administer and maintain records of all correspondence, minutes of meetings, actions and decisions relating to the contract; (A)
- Act as a single focal point for Contract Holder in the preparation of Variations, Amendments and all contract administration requirements. (S)
- Liaise with DNO departments on all matters relating to legal, tax, finance, insurance, compliance etc (K)
- Monitor the compliance with KPI’s provisions in the contract; (S)
- Coordinate and submit any notice of suspension, cancellation, and / or termination in line with contract terms as appropriate; (S)
- Monitor compliance with obligations relevant to contract Local Content provisions; (S)
- Establish and maintain a high level of communication with line management and functional disciplines during contract execution; (S)
- Assist the contract holder in the contract close-out activities and consolidate documentation. (K)
- Provides regular management reports and updates on activities (A)
- Build strong relations with internal and external stakeholders, contractors and suppliers; (K)
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 15+ years relevant oil & gas contracting experience, with at least 10+ years international working experience as senior contract engineer with IOC(s) in JV projects
- Development of national staff and experience with training matrices
- Formulation and evaluation experience in a cross section of complex contracts including; production, construction, logistics, drilling and support service contracts.
- Complete and demonstrable understanding of significant legal and commercial issues
- Demonstrable skills & experience in contract engineering, procurement, materials management & logistics for drilling, production & projects and facilities;
- HND preferably technical or BA / MBA in relevant discipline
- Awareness of Best Practices in corporate and project supply chain procedures;
- Preference for CIPS or RICS (or equivalent) certification.
- Formulating, evaluating and negotiating complex contracts.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and embrace diversity
- Diplomacy, cultural sensitivity, and good personal skills for communicating with National staff;
- Ability to solve problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Commercial awareness and sound business acumen
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent English language and numeracy skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of competency with Microsoft suite of applications and ERP systems
- Collaborative with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated and uses initiative and judgement to attain the best results
- Ability to respond to a changing business environment and culturally diverse environment
- Flexible and solution oriented with high personal integrity and high attention to detail;
- Ability to handle delicate situations with integrity;
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
The role reports to Contracts & Procurement Manager and based in Erbil office in Kurdistan. The work schedule will be rotational type 29/27 days.
Interested candidates kindly apply with the PDF version of your CV.
- 70.000+ unike brukere/mnd
- Over 75.000 CVer registrert
- Motta alle søknader ett sted
- Integrasjon Nav, Finn og lokalaviser
- Annonsering i sosiale medier