Commercial Manager - Ireland
Energi- og vannforsyning
Commercial Manager – Ireland
Location – London, UK or Cork/Dublin, Ireland
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That's what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. Because in the fight against climate change, we don't see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you'll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there's more work to be done – that's why we need you to join us.
Working in UK & Ireland Origination
In the UK, Statkraft is a licensed electricity supplier and a leading provider of PPAs to independent generators with approximately 12 TWh per annum under contract. Our UK Flexibility portfolio which started three years ago is over 1000 MW across energy storage and flexible generation technologies. Statkraft is probably the most active trader of the day ahead and intraday UK power market. On the continent Statkraft is a leading renewables trader in the German EEG market, with approximately 20,000 MW of plant connected to our VPP.
Reporting to the Head of Irish Origination, the Commercial Manager position will be responsible for continuing the development of our PPA offering to the renewable generation and flexibility markets in Ireland. The role has significant responsibility and accountability, is customer facing and requires a large degree of autonomy.
It will based in either London, UK or Dublin/Cork, Ireland.
As the Commercial Manager, you will:
- Develop the pipeline of renewable generation PPA opportunities in Ireland, as well as Corporate, battery storage and flexibility generation PPAs
- Support the negotiation and close of complex Upstream Generation PPAs and Downstream Corporate PPA offtake contracts
- Manage both external and internal interactions and stakeholders through the process
- Develop and manage key customer account relationships
- Attend industry events, speak at conferences and represent Statkraft across the industry
- Be the primary point of contact between Statkraft and our Customers in Ireland on matters associated with the operation of their contracts e.g. Capacity Market, PSO Levy, registering new contracts
- Deal with and resolve Customer enquiries, questions and issues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Build your knowledge of iSEM regulatory and trading rules and potential changes and share this knowledge internally to support decision making
- Support the development of value adding propositions and sell these to the market
- Use your knowledge of the Irish market to develop and improve internal processes and operations with other Statkraft teams, in order to optimise overall commercial results
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- University degree in an engineering/scientific, quantitative or commercial discipline
- Relevant working experience in the trading, commercial operations, electricity sales or PPAs
- A track record of developing business and dealing with customers
- Self-motivated commercial professional with excellent communication and analytical skills
- Flexible, accurate and capable of further developing the business
- Strong delivery focus & attention to detail
- Team player with good communicative skills
- Fluent in English
Experiences in these areas are also useful in your role:
- Direct iSEM energy experience
- An existing network across the Irish energy markets of relevant renewable developers, investors, commercial customers, counterparties, market participants
- Experience and understanding of energy market trading arrangements, balancing markets & implementation requirements, either in Ireland or any other market such as the UK
- Understanding or experience of project finance/renewable asset finance
- Ability to drive and inspire wider teams within an organisation
At Statkraft, we’re always looking for people with great social and communication skills. People who love to lead, teach and help others learn.
What we offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leadership programs like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.