Commercial Intraday Analyst (m/f/d)
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world.
Providing power efficiently and reliably is among the core challenges in times of increasing solar and wind energy production. Here, our intraday trading teams are making a vital and exciting contribution. Statkraft is active on all relevant short-term markets, being the market leader in integrating renewables in our core markets Germany and the UK. In total, we manage over 15.000 MW of renewable capacity across Europe, as a result we contribute significantly to the successful integration of renewable energy into the overall energy landscape.
What we do:
Statkraft makes use of algorithmic trading and virtual power plant solutions that automatically balance renewables portfolios, trade and steer asset flexibility in real-time and run proprietary trading activities. These algorithms make millions of decisions per day, send orders to the exchange and dispatch the physical assets. For us this requires a wide spectrum of skills, from fundamental analysis to hands-on implementation as well as occasional manual trading and dispatching, always having a close to 100% automation of the activities within sight.
Working at to the heart of Statkraft Continental Dispatch and Operations, you will find yourself in a positive, highly international and professional surrounding. Here you will closely cooperate with colleagues from most parts of the organisation, such as asset owners, renewable project developers and our origination department. This requires you to:
- Develop and improve our models and algorithms, based on machine-learning as well as time-series and statistical analyses.
- Implement strategies focussing on our short-term trading activities and for our growing portfolios outside the core markets.
- Manage project deliveries and drive business initiatives alongside the operational responsibilities.
- Improve the operational excellence of our two core shift teams by further improving our processes and interfaces in cooperation with other internal stakeholders, e.g. from Sales.
- You understand how short-term energy markets work. You represent the team as a major stakeholder in evaluating business activities and shape the commercial expansion strategy going further.
- Represent the front-office departments in cross-functional team setups, in which you will take a proactive or even leading role.
- As Power is traded continuously, on 365 days a year, you will be part of a day-shift rotation. Next to shifts during business hours you will be expected to assist on daytime standby duties on weekends or public holidays on an as-need basis, preferably from home. Special situations might require presence in the office.
- An above average university degree in Economics, Business Sciences, Natural Sciences or Engineering
- Relevant working experience in energy markets, preferably in trading or front office positions
- Solid background in mathematics and statistics, hands-on coding experience (e.g. Python, Matlab or R)
- Strong commercial mind-set and high level of intrinsic motivation
- Strong team player with a high level of commitment when dealing with individual responsibility
- Flexible, reliable and capable of further developing the business
- The ability to make accurate decisions under time pressure
- Fluent in English, good command of German or other languages are a plus
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Please note that applications can also be submitted in German.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire. This position is based in Düsseldorf
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater