Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Commercial General Manager
Existing Job opportunity within the Ferry business
Are you a dynamic business professional and ready to take the next step in your career, utilizing your experience and energy to drive strategic and commercial initiatives in a challenging position?
DFDS Ferry Vlaardingen is looking for a Commercial General Manager
The Commercial General Manager is an exceptional and passionate character, who can further develop and drive our commercial activities. As a Commercial General Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the Commercial team. Reporting to the Route Director Netherlands and being part of the local Management team (Vlaardingen & Felixstowe), you will ensure that the Commercial team is organized efficiently and delivers on the key activities set out below.
- Supports the business by delivering continuous revenue and profit growth.
- Builds and develops relationships with new and existing key customers based on trustworthy communication and value selling.
- Together with the Route Director Netherlands sets strategic and tactical targets stipulated in the Go-2-Market plan of the Business Unit.
- Creates a sales strategy supported by meaningful KPIs to guide commercial team, objectives, and activities, including motivational targets for inside and outside sales.
- Contributes to the strategic development of DFDS and ensures that the objectives of the Commercial team are aligned with those of the business.
- Contributes to DFDS’ commercial activities across the DFDS organization with focus on the BU North Sea South by combining and coordinating relevant activities and resources to maximize revenue and profit.
- Manages the sales operations, including sales performance, management of the pipeline, and sales coaching to build a high-performing sales team.
- Engages in regular sales performance meetings on a local level, as well as with central functions.
- Challenges and engages with the local Management team.
- Ensures that the brand’s integrity is maintained in all commercial, sales and marketing activities.
- Ensures a smooth process and cooperation between Sales team members, Customer Operations Service and Terminal Operations for a continuous customer experience.
- Initiates and monitors initiatives like yielding, continuous improvement, development of new KPIs, etc.
- Investigates opportunities to leverage the DFDS network to provide creative solutions for customers and generate new business.
- Engages regularly with own key accounts and proactively communicates to customers.
- Prepares for own customer meetings in a structured, data-driven manner, and supports the Commercial team to do the same.
- Negotiates with a win-win mindset on behalf of DFDS with stakeholders.
- Manages, motivates, and monitors the activities of the Commercial team.
- Challenges and coaches members of the Commercial team based on the insights and business intelligence extracted from the CRM system, and Tableau.
- Ensures pipeline and CRM system is updated for own accounts and for the Commercial team.
- Leverages sales tools, including CRM, to share relevant information with partner DFDS locations.
- Keep up to date on market developments and trends which affect our core markets and customers.
Qualification: Skills, experience, education
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch – or the willingness to learn Dutch.
- Have experience from the Ferry/Transport/Forwarding industry with proactive sales.
- A clear communication style.
- Passion for customer engagement and sales.
- A strong drive to beat targets and a hunter mindset.
- An excellent organizer and communicator.
- Open to new cultures – professionally as well as personally.
- Curious to learn and develop.
- Ability to collaborate and build effective relationships with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Commercial Bachelor’s degree
How the role is measured:
- Achievement of annual tactical targets set with route director in line with Go-to-Market plan & Forecast.
- Customer retention & churn rate of own accounts and of commercial team.
- Performance of members of the commercial team and progress towards agreed targets.
- Customer feedback, including but not limited to NPS and CSAT scores.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfil the expectations, we would like to hear from you! Please submit your CV and application in English, no later than 25 February 2022.
All applications will be treated confidentially. For clarifying questions about the position, please feel free to contact Jacob Andersen, Route Director DFDS Ferry Vlaardingen at Jacob.Andersen@dfds.com.
DFDS is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age and citizenship.