Commercial Customs Coordinator Belgium
Key tasks entail:
• Coordination of local sales efforts focusing on customs with focus on both current and non-current DFDS customers
• Direct contact to new potential DFDS Customs customers with basis in Belgium
• Upsell to current DFDS Customs customers in Belgium incl. potential coordination with Commercial Customs Coordinators from other offices
• Research on new potential target industries and customers and initial, proactive contact to these
• Development of local marketing material and participation in global marketing discussions within customs
• Participation in local sales meetings with current DFDS Logistics and Ferry customers with customs demand
• Support of and collaboration with local customs operations on strategic direction and local business plans
• Other commercially related customs work related to Belgian operations and customers
Your Ideal Profile
DFDS is looking for a commercially driven person who can convert this mindset into tangible opportunities and grow these commercial opportunities successfully. Prior experience with customs can be an advantage but it is not a pre-requisite; most importantly, the ideal candidate has commercial drive and a desire to learn and be proactive.
The candidate must be a great customer advocate driving the customer’s needs, without losing sight of DFDS needs, together with the local operations. Further, the candidate should be customer-centric and be willing to engage in negotiation and general sales conversation with new customers. We do not expect you to have a certain education but are open to candidates from all fields.
To be able to succeed in this role we believe that the following requirements are crucial for you as a candidate:
• Good communication skills in Dutch and English, other languages (e.g., French) is a plus
• Commercial excellence skills with focus on sales of existing products and establishment of new revenue streams and operational optimization
• A “can do” attitude and a drive for continuously improving own performance and DFDS performance
• Ability to work in a strong local team backed by a large and complex international organization with large network of diverse colleagues
• Potentially experience with sales in the Logistics space, however, this is not a prerequisite
• Potentially some understanding of customs processes, however, this is not a prerequisite
• Working effectively with differences in national cultures, personality styles, and professions
If you find the job interesting and you fulfil the expectations, we would like to hear from you! Please submit your CV and application in English.
We review applications on an ongoing basis, and the position will be filled as soon as possible.