Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Class 1 Shunter/Shuttle Driver
DFDS Logistics are based at 7 sites across the UK, have 338 trucks and 4,561 trailers that are used throughout the UK and Europe. Delivering to over 1,000 customers at over 4,000 unique sites, travelling nearly 30M KM per annum. Over 900 drivers are utilised, with close to 500 drivers being employed directly by DFDS.
Our depot in Peterborough is looking for a Shunter Driver to cover a Sunday to Thursday day shift pattern. You will be moving trailers on site to facilitate efficient loading and unloading operations, complete a pre-loading check prior to putting the trailer on a bay. Ensuring vehicles and trailers are legally compliant and to the correct standard for use, carry out full yard checks, completing all required documentation. The accurate checking / collecting of goods to be returned, undertake other driving duties to include trailer changes and deliveries as required.
The role is to cover any 5 days our of 7 working 12-hour shifts. You will be paid a daily rate of
Overtime is available and enhanced rates for weekend work
All you need is:
- Full HGV Class 1 Licence
- Valid DIGI Card
- Valid CPC Card
- Good English verbal and written skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Proactive support and access to funded continued professional development and full Driver CPC training provided FOC
- Opportunity to be part of our driver champions network (be part of making a continued positive difference for our driver teams)
- Regular Team social events for drivers and families
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!