Class 1 Driver
DFDS HAVE RECENTLY INTRODUCED IMPROVED PAY RATES FOR CLASS 1 DRIVERS
Days £13.00 per hour
Nights £14.00 per hour
DFDS Logistics are based at 7 sites across the UK, have 338 trucks and 4,561 trailers that are used throughout the UK and Europe. Delivering to over 1,000 customers at over 4,000 unique sites, travelling nearly 30M KM per annum. Over 900 drivers are utilised, with close to 500 drivers being employed directly by DFDS.
The role will involve picking up a loaded trailer of Frozen Produce using fridge trailers, delivering to Distribution Centres along with a small amount of multidrop, dependant on hours left you will reload, tip and back or reload and back to DFDS depot. There will also be a degree of bulk potato collections using our dedicated equipment, full training will be given for this role.
We are looking to cover the following Monday-Friday start times:
All you need is:
- Full HGV Class 1 Licence
- Valid DIGI Card
- Valid CPC Card
- Good English verbal and written skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Proactive support and access to funded continued professional development and full Driver CPC training provided FOC
- Opportunity to be part of our driver champions network (be part of making a continued positive difference for our driver teams)
- Regular Team social events for drivers and families
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!