Class 1 Driver
Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop, and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role…..To transport goods safely and in a timely manner to various destinations. To work on deliveries + collections using a modern fleet. A real team player with a strong customer service focus and a can-do attitude is a must.
We are looking to cover a variety of shifts:
- Part Time Saturday and Sunday
- Full Time Holiday Cover – shunting and trunking.
- Full time driver based at Larkhall or Fort William to cover a variety of day and night shifts.
- Ensure all delivery notes are signed upon delivery
- Minimise the risk of accidents
- At all times deliver excellent customer service
- Adhere to road transport regulations
- Ensure the vehicle is kept to regulatory safety standards
- Comply with VOSA legislation
- Ensure all loads are strapped down adequately.
- To deliver chill, produce and ambient products to all our customers’ premises
- To assist with unloading at store
- To accurately record all activities in line with legislation and company requirements
- To work within the remits of the European Drivers Hours regulations
- To work within the remits of the Working Time Directive
- To follow fuel efficient driving standards
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Comply with all risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Maximum tax-free payments on all subsistence allowances
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Proactive support and access to funded continued professional development and full Driver CPC training provided FOC
- Opportunity to be part of our driver champions network (be part of making a continued positive difference for our driver teams)
- Regular Team social events for drivers and families
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW