Class 1 Casual HGV Driver
Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop, and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role…..To transport goods safely and in a timely manner to various destinations. To work on deliveries + collections using a modern fleet. A real team player with a strong customer service focus and a can-do attitude is a must. This is based on a casual shift pattern.
- Ensure all delivery notes are signed upon delivery
- Minimise the risk of accidents
- At all times deliver excellent customer service
- Adhere to road transport regulations
- Ensure the vehicle is kept to regulatory safety standards
- Comply with VOSA legislation
- Ensure all loads are strapped down adequately.
- To deliver chill, produce and ambient products to all our customers’ premises
- To assist with unloading at store
- To accurately record all activities in line with legislation and company requirements
- To work within the remits of the European Drivers Hours regulations
- To work within the remits of the Working Time Directive
- To follow fuel efficient driving standards
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Comply with all risk assessments and safe working procedures.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have a working knowledge of a similar environment/ role and have excellent customer service, please submit your CV and application in English by email, as soon as possible, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.