The Head Chef will lead teams of cooks and catering assistants over three sites, Tawke, PSK and FSK, respectively;
The incumbent shall be primarily responsible for delivering significant upgrade to Tawke camp food quality;
Tawke camp shall be undergoing a significant upgrade during 04 2018, including a new canteen and galley the incumbent's expertise is required during the design and construct phase to ensure optimal facilities are delivered.
Not limited to, but including:
- Ensure compliance with health, hygiene and safety regulations.
- To deliver an effective and efficient catering facility, encompassing menu planning, budgetary control, stock management, and ensuring kitchen health and hygiene regulations are met.
- To lead, manage and deploy a team of catering staff to ensure the efficient organization of the catering department.
- Schedule staff rotations and shifts in coordination with Tawke Camp Coordinator.
- To be accountable for inspections undertaken by Tawke Medic I Tawke HSE Advisor ensuring that the necessary Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are met.
- To promote teamwork and to motivate staff to ensure effective working relations and communication.
- To continue personal professional development, researching, requesting and undertaking relevant training for all concerned, to oversee the development of national staff.
- To maintain and keep accurate stock records for all provisions, and kitchen equipment.
- To deliver significant improvement of food hygiene and quality for Tawke field catering.
- To ensure that the maintenance for all equipment is current and arrange for the necessary checks at renewal.
- To ensure that all catering personnel maintain high standards of cleanliness, personal hygiene and appearance.
- To plan, control and direct the production and service of meals, to develop a three-week cycle of menu, catering for all dietary and nutritional requirements.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Work experience as a Catering Manager, Restaurant Manager or similar role.
- Understanding of food hygiene best practices.
- Hands-on experience with creating weekly menus.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and motivating skills including the ability to build strong relationships with staff.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment.
- Knowledge of food, food hygiene (including hazard analysis and critical control points) and food preparation.
The role reports to Field Manager and is a site based role, with a work schedule of 29 days on / 27 days off.
- 70.000+ unike brukere/mnd
- Over 75.000 CVer registrert
- Motta alle søknader ett sted
- Integrasjon Nav, Finn og lokalaviser
- Annonsering i sosiale medier