Business & Operations - Shipping Logistics Coordinator
Who are we.. DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe utilizing trailers and containers across short-sea ferry and multimodal rail routes ensuring excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop, and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… To provide support to our customers in all areas, dealing with all enquiries in a timely and professional manner ensuring customer needs are met to the highest of standards. Building strong relationships with customers and colleagues, sharing knowledge and experiences to help support self and business growth. Supporting the planning and warehouse teams ensuring successful delivery plans. Recording all relevant data for customer KPI reporting to support high delivery service levels.
- Deliver the highest level of customer service standards through understanding customers’ requirements and giving clear and timely communication.
- Check and acknowledge all call offs. Update systems including stock and transport management systems.
- Create accurate documentation so that all deliveries can be processed and transported as per customers’ requirements.
- Liaising with the warehouses and transport planners to ensure achievement of plans.
- Monitor the status of each delivery and keep customers informed.
- Data capture and input for customer KPI’s
- Actioning and producing any customer returns documentation
- Providing support to the planners chasing collection and delivery ETA’s
- Keep accurate records so that invoices, reports and statistical information can be produced.
- Build relationships with stakeholders including customers, operations, suppliers and accounts
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- Effective communicator
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to solve problems
- A positive, can do attitude
- A desire to improve quality/performance
- Accurate and detailed nature
- Computer literate
- Excellent telephone manner
- Confidence to question and challenge
- Relevant shipping or transport experience
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW