Business & Operations Manager
We’re passionate about delivering an excellent service to our customers and have a vacancy at our DFDS Logistics Immingham site. We are looking for a Business & Operations Manager to join our existing team to help manage our prestigious Nordic routes, being responsible for a business with an annual turnover of £60M. The successful individual shall be joining a function which is energising, where collaboration with customers, internal colleagues, and overseas partners daily, is in focus. The role will interest those with high demands to deliver exceptional customer service and achieve business targets.
If you’re looking for a position within a dynamic and everchanging environment, believe you are an inspirational leader, with a willingness to succeed… we have the role for you!
Working Mon – Fri, you’ll be responsible for leading & motivating a team of twelve. You must have a flexible and adaptable mind-set, able to maintain very high levels of quality in our customer service to all clients including dealing with operational challenges, setting price tariffs, meeting customers, and delivering on digital targets. Closeness to the customers, the markets and our overseas offices is essential as well as the priority to keep costs in focus and service levels high.
You shall be required to manage the 5 markets day-to-day in collaboration with our customers and our colleagues both in the UK and overseas. Demonstrate a pro-active ability to look at newer ways to develop and grow each market whilst maintaining close cooperation and support of the sales teams to enable that growth, through our current client base, as well as through new clients. Attention to detail on cost control and to the P&L of each of the traffics is paramount. Develop & maintain close collaboration with the planning team ensuring customers get the right level of service at the right cost level. Highlight projects and business that needs that extra care and attention alongside maximising opportunities in line with Company growth strategy
Now about what we can give you. You’ll become part of a great business who take our people development seriously. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work with one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!