Business & Operations - Logistics Coordinator
Logistics is the heart of what we do, we’re growing, and we want you to grow with us. We’re looking for a Business & Operations Logistics Coordinator to join our existing team based on the Port of Immingham.
Delivering a great service for our customers is essential for us and in this role, you’ll need to do just that. You’ll be working Mon – Fri, 08:00 – 17:00 generally although there is a requirement to work one Saturday in eight. During which you will be taking and arranging bookings along with communicating any transport issues with our customers is a main element of the role. You’ll need to call on your problem-solving skills to resolve issues and work collaboratively with the planning team to answer email communications, plan loads onto vessels, investigating short shipments, export clearances and work with overseas offices to deliver end to end deliveries managing customers’ cargo, and with this tracking volumes and creating reports.
Exciting? You’ll have an involvement in both the road transport and shipping elements of the journey or our customers’ materials. We’ll need you to be confident in holding face to face discussions with other teams and being strong in innovation, we’d love you to come in and challenge the way we do things so we can work smarter, still delivering our excellent service. A proficient level of administration experience & solid IT skills, covering Microsoft packages is relevant for this role, combined with the ability to work in an organised manner and be confident to make informed decisions. We are looking for someone with a professional telephone manner, who is capable of working work on their own initiative, with a driven approach to their work.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network. We have just been added to the CILT top 30 Logistics Providers List!
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!