Business & Operations Logistics Coordinator
Everything we eat, everything we wear, everything we use has a supply chain. This is just one of the reasons why a career within logistics can be so diverse yet so rewarding. Are you passionate about customer service and enjoy the thought of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Are you an excellent problem solver, who is organised and can react quickly to changes? If so, then we have a Business & Operations Logistics Coordinator in Immingham, which could be the one for you!!!
Working, Monday to Friday, with weekends covered by an on-call rota, you will work closely with the planning team to ensure customers are kept notified of their cargo movements with us. Solid administration skills with a high attention to detail are key, utilising both our own & customer systems, to take and arrange bookings, you will be handling email communications from overseas offices as well as our customer base. If you are of a gregarious nature, but enjoy working as part of a team, willing to take responsibility and make informed decisions, then please get in touch with us.
Handling the planning of trailers onto our vessels, confirming the systems match the cargo which has been shipped, investigating any short shipments or issues, and resolving with the customers will be a key part of role. This along with creating export clearances, maintaining the details on the relevant applications, and tracking export numbers to balance the traffic flows. We understand that to continue being successful we need to expand our talent - ideally you will have previous experience of working in a logistics environment & a customer facing role, having the ability to multitask as you’ll be working in the heart of logistics processing all bookings and handling customer enquiries efficiently. It’s a full-on busy role, so if you’re looking for a challenge where every day is different, this is the role for you!
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…? DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!