Business Development & Operations – Part Loads
The world is changing, and we are too. DFDS has set an ambitious target for future growth. To drive that growth, we now seek a commercially driven person for a newly established position as Business Development & Operations – Part Loads, with a specific focus on growing our customer base in the UK.
We want you to play a leading role in expanding the reach of our Part Load offering to both new and current DFDS customers. You will be tasked with taking responsibility for developing our Part Load activities between the UK and Nordic regions, either via your own direct clients or by assisting our own core traffic departments. You shall be dealing with quotations, bookings and general enquiries always ensuring customer satisfaction remains a key focus. Collaborating with our local sales team in onboarding DFDS Logistics and Ferry customers, following up on the increasing amount of leads we receive and for proactively reaching out to new potential customers, who have no prior relationship with DFDS. Developing a solid bridge between our operations and our customers, we want you to create great value across our network by facilitating a dedicated commercial push.
This is an exciting position, and you will have the opportunity to experience the operational side of logistics at one of Europe’s leading logistics companies. Monitoring & following up on quotations & profitability, you will be negotiating freight rates with both clients and international subcontractors that will require to be constantly managed and developed as part of the process, identifying opportunities to maximise growth within your function, along the way. We expect you to contribute actively to our collaborative culture, where best-practice, knowledge sharing, and idea generation are always encouraged. Making your own mark on DFDS and being a key part of developing our Part Load offering, will give you strong opportunities for personal development and acquisition of new skills.
We are seeking someone who has at least two years’ experience, within the International Freight Forwarding / Logistics industry. An individual who has a sound knowledge and understanding of Part Load business, ideally with Nordic experience of all modes of transport, but European road freight as a minimum. This business development opportunity will test your abilities, and provide challenges, whilst always delivering exceptional customer service. For this role it is critical you have strong inter-personal skills with a high level of written and verbal communication. You must have a flexible and adaptable mind-set that enjoys an ever-changing environment.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Coordination of local sales efforts focusing on Part load customers with focus on both current and non-current DFDS customers
- Direct contact to new potential DFDS customers with bases in the UK
- Research on new potential target industries and customers and initial, proactive contact to these.
- Participation in local sales meetings with current DFDS Logistics and Ferry customers with Part Load demand.
- Other commercially related work with our operations and customers.
To be able to succeed in this role we believe that the following requirements are crucial for you as a candidate:
- Good communication skills in English, other languages are a plus.
- Commercial excellence skills with focus on sales of existing products and establishment of new revenue streams and operational optimisation.
- A “can do” attitude and a drive for continuously improving own performance and DFDS performance.
- Ability to work in a strong local team backed by a large and complex international organisation with a large network of diverse colleagues.
- Potentially experience with sales in the logistics space.
- Working effectively with differences in national cultures, personality styles, and professions.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!