Business Development Manager – Europe (BDM)
Elkem ASA is developing a new business entity defined as Elkem Advanced Battery Materials AS and is now seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) for Europe to join this exciting entrepreneurial venture!
The successful candidate will be motivated by a fast-paced environment where he/she will be a key player in building a customer base and forming the commercial team and network needed to make our mark in this growing industry.
As our new BDM you will be responsible for identifying potential customers and managing the sales process, including maintaining the business after close. The focus will primarily be on the European market but being an active part of our global team will also involve some support of global activities.
You must match our current and future capabilities to the current and future needs of the EV/Battery market, with the goal of contributing to the sales and profitability growth of the business for the short and long term.
This position will work directly with current and potential external customers and all internal functional support groups to ensure that each part of customer management and support is successfully coordinated and executed.
Areas of responsibility
- Identify/develop partnerships with new customers and enhance and expand current customer relationships to further the business objectives of the organization and develop sales opportunities.
- Examine risks and potential for the business opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and execution of Global division strategic and operational market plans.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal team members.
- Conduct ongoing market analysis to understand trends and competitiveness.
- Support the Elkem Advanced Battery Materials brand awareness.
- Lead customer specific projects communications internally and externally to ensure timely and accurate responses.
- Facilitate the development of contracts and agreements which represent the needs of the customer, balanced with Company needs.
- Maintain CRM system with regional and customer specific information and documentation for consistency.
The position holder is required to actively participate in HSE activities and demonstrate commitment to strengthen our incident free safety culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, chemistry or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience in related industry/products. EV/battery/ battery materials/Automotive industry knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to understand customers’ technical requirements and match to an existing solution or direct the development of a solution to meet needs.
- Experience from selling through long sales cycles, especially qualification of specialty materials to manufacturers.
- Proven verbal and written communication and presentation skills among various levels and functions within the organization, both domestically and internationally.
- Experience using MS Office and CRM systems; Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and coordinating resources to drive successful projects.
- Strong interpersonal, team and customer relationship building skills with experience influencing others in decision making.
- Financial and business acumen and ability to analyze and utilize data.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English is required.
- Able to travel (approx. 40-50%)
REPORTS TO: Global Commercial Director - Elkem Advanced Battery Materials
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater