Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Business Development Manager
Are you our next Business Development Manager? Do you have a passion for selling? Are you experienced at working in logistics? This role could be the one for you!!!
Working Mon-Fri, 9:00 – 17:00, we are looking for you to bring a wealth of experience, along with fresh ideas, to support the commercial drive within our business. We need you to be a self-starter as a lot of the role involves working independently. Someone who can communicate at all levels. The role will be focused on building strong relationships through daily contact with various potential and existing customers via phone, email, Skype, or Face to Face Meetings. The right candidate will have the right people skills to assess their logistics challenges, understand their business needs and offer them solutions via the DFDS network or an alternative solution. This position does not necessarily have a sales territory nor geographical limitations as we service the entire UK.
Managing high volume accounts, we are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial sales approach, a positive mindset, and a good work ethic. A proven track record of converting new business, along with a minimum of 3 years' experience of selling transport and logistics services across all facets of the industry including the cold chain arena. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining your own customers, ensuring that they receive best possible pre and post sales experience and service. Providing a personable approach is a must to be successful in this position. Sound like you, please get in touch.
- Supporting the commercial drive within Cold Chain logistics.
- Generating sales in line with the DFDS Growth strategy.
- Identifying and generating new business opportunities through market knowledge/expertise.
- Working in collaboration with other DFDS offices to ensure leads are acted on.
- Tracking prospective and new clients via our CRM system.
- To be able to meet KPI targets and deadlines set by senior management.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…? DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!