Business and Operations Planner
Who are we.. DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe utilizing trailers and containers across short-sea ferry and multimodal rail routes ensuring excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop, and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… To provide support to our customers though subcontracting, sourcing the best haulage solutions to fulfill the customer’s requirements, dealing with all enquiries in a timely and professional manner ensuring customer needs are met to the highest of standards. Building strong relationships with customers and colleagues, sharing knowledge and experiences to help support self and business growth.
- Build strong relationships with subcontractors ensuring we have a network of haulier’s that can service our customers’ needs
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure the best delivery prices
- Monitor delivery/collection schedules with hauliers to identify problems
- Keep accurate records so that invoices, reports, and statistical information can be produced.
- Actively source new haulier’s, negotiate rates and onboarding them as a new suppliers
- Review KPIs and other data looking for improvements in service
- Proactive and forward-thinking approach
- Show initiative
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Geographical knowledge of UK
- Understanding of transport legislation including driver’s hours
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence
- Possess sound judgement
- A desire to improve quality/performance
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to solve problems
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Accurate and detailed nature
- Confidence to question and challenge
- Computer literate
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW