Border & Ships Agency Coordinator - KickStart Scheme
Who we are – With over 600 employees, an annual turnover of £65 million and a 160-acre site in Immingham, DFDS Seaways are the largest Roll on Roll off Shipping and Terminal Operator on the Humber. Serving 35 DFDS vessel arrivals and departures from 5 countries every week, DFDS moves over 725,000 units through Immingham every year. In addition, we store, handle, and move almost 700,000 tonnes of Industrial cargo such as Steel, Timber, Paper and Refuse Derived Fuel.
The Role… As part of the new Government KickStart Scheme we are looking for someone between 16-24 to be trained across both Border & Ships Agency Coordination to join our team in Immingham. The successful candidate will be trained to the highest standard in Border & Ships Agency Coordination. Responsibilities of a fully trained Border Compliance Coordinator below.
- Arrange and monitor all arrivals and sailings by DFDS and third-party vessels including customs clearances.
- Ensure that arrangements for ships’ berthing’s and sailings do not cause any unnecessary delays.
- Inform and update all relevant internal and external departments of berthing, working, and sailing schedules, using verbal and written methods of communication.
- Carry out all pre-arrival and post sailing function to issue and check all documentation.
- Liaise with Pilotage authorities to ensure that all pilotage requirements and standards are met.
- Ensure that any vessel or crew requirements are met.
- Ensure that all suppliers’ invoices are correctly received and processed for payment.
- Issue invoices and carry out all other administrative procedures correctly.
- Create and distribute statistical information for internal and external parties as required.
- Collect Light Dues and issue Light Dues Certificates.
- Monitor ships’ schedules and advise the relevant authorities and customers of any delays or changes.
- Coordinate with local UK Border Force
- On call for emergency contact on rotation basis
- Create customs ID for all voyages in and out of Immingham and Newcastle including assigning in internal systems
- Process customs clearance units through the customs system
- Process immigration clearances
- Process all 3rd party bookings and manifest requirements including update of dimensions
- Escalate relevant issues to Border Compliance Officer
- Upload of dangerous goods manifest to relevant systems
- Participate in the departmental on-call rota, which involves assisting by telephone/e-mail and attending the terminal as necessary.
- Overtime as and when required as part of normal role.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures, and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
Key Skills Required:
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and articulate at all levels clearly and concisely, as the role involves a high amount of interaction across multiple areas.
- IT Literate
- An innovative way of thinking
- Strong levels of attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable way of working
We Offer…… an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested? Apply now…. If you have exceptional Administration and strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English by sending an email to the recruitment team as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.