Do you want to be part of a dynamic, international company that is paving the way towards the best ferry and road transport services in Europe?
If you are a solution driven person who enjoys using cutting edge technologies when solving problems, then join DFDS and become part of our digital journey.
As our new Backend Developer, you will become part of the Ferry and Terminal Tribe in the Technology & Innovation Division. You will work in a cross functional agile team, and in close collaboration with other teams and our colleagues across the tribe. You will use your professional skills to design, build and run the best possible customer-centric and market-differentiating terminals services. We expect you and your team to take responsibility for a continuous modernization of the platform while still supporting the day-to-day operation.
Our reference architecture is event driven, API first components running in the cloud which, among other things, enable us to release code many times a day. Going forward You will be a key player in building new components and change existing solutions towards the reference architecture.
We expect you to hold a relevant educational background within Computer Science or similar, and to have solid experience developing applications using C# and .NET.
Knowledge and practical experience with all the following technologies is an advantage, but not a requirement:
- .NET and .NET CORE
- AWS, Azure DevOps and Git
- Microservices, DDD and Event Driven Architecture
- Docker and Kubernetes
- REST API’s
- Relational databases such as Microsoft SQL and PostgreSQL
- Non-relational databases such as DynamoDB
- Up to 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW