Back Office Specialist (m/f/d)
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
You will be part of the multi-national Back-Office team in Statkraft, which currently consists out of around 50 colleagues. The colleagues are based in Düsseldorf, Amsterdam, Oslo and Tirana. Back Office is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, accruing, revenue accounting and EU regulatory reporting for all trading and origination transaction across Europe and the US. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and Finance units.
The commodity operations team is responsible for the financial operations of all Trading and Origination products. The teams’ main tasks include invoicing and accrual generation, PnL reconciliation, Revenue accounting, support in new products implementations among some others. In addition, the team is responsible to deliver timely and accurate financial commercial figures to our Finance Department. (net revenue /operation revenue).
As a Back Office Specialist in the Commodity Operations team, you will be a key contact for our business in Düsseldorf for different commodity products such as power (physical and financial), gas, options traded in different countries and entities. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishing and applying a good understanding of the components of a trade deal and the implications for billing, PnL analysis, SAP booking, Tax treatments
- Contribute to smooth and accurate daily operations in our team as well as support in month end activities
- Responsible for billing and cost allocation of the different products.
- Approve and control incoming and outgoing documents: approval, posting and preparation of payment.
- Communicate with internal and external customers about all matters regarding operational trading.
- Implement improvement and quality assurance of processes and systems.
- Close co-operation with Front Office and other units in the Finance Department.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or similar educational background
- Ideally 1-2 years of experience in Financial or accounting tasks in Energy related companies.
- Profound IT Skills, especially knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access or any other skills to manage complex and multiple data sets.
- Precise, accurate and systematic working style.
- A good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong command of English, German is a plus.
- Experience in a multi-national environment is an advantage.
- Enjoy working in fast-paced, challenging and international environment
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire. The position is limited to a one-year contract and located in Düsseldorf.
Glasgow or London
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater