Are you looking for a role where you can decide when you work? Do you want a role to work alongside your current employment?
DFDS are looking for Automotive Operatives based in Immingham. To safely move vehicles between ships, trains and car compounds, to update data within DFDS Group Terminal Management Systems and to supply key skills to support all Automotive activities. All activities must be conducted in a controlled and professional manner in order that Customer products and DFDS Seaways PLC Health, Safety and Quality Standards be maintained at all times.
- Discharging and loading all types of Cars, Vans and 4WD vehicles on and off ships
- Discharging and loading Commercial Vehicles, Trucks, Buses / Bus Chassis on and off ships
- Discharging and loading Cars, Vans and 4WD vehicles on and off railway wagons
- Moving Cars within the Terminal and Car Compounds
- Lashing/unlashing/wheel choking vehicles on board ships
- Signaling and Guiding
- Operating data capture scanners (RDT’s)
- Tallying vehicles
- Car washing
- Crew Bus driving (Age restrictions apply for Driving Crew Buses)
- Quality checking
- To support the Foremen and help other members of staff in developing key skills in all aspects of the business
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!