Assistant Project Manager - Operations
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe's largest generator of renewable energy from hydro, wind, and solar power. We are 4500 employees in 17 countries across the globe. Our aim is to become a leading developer of onshore wind, solar, battery and rotating stabiliser projects, taking on a significantly larger number of projects than before. Statkraft has a target of developing and building 6GW of wind, solar and battery by 2025, and is investing heavily in Ireland and Europe to achieve this growth.
The business area European Wind and Solar (E) is responsible for development and ownership of wind and solar assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and development of new business opportunities.
We are now recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager for a 12 month FTC contract to strengthen the business area’s Operations team based out of our Cork offices. The team is responsible for operating wind, solar and battery storage projects in Ireland, UK and Sweden. This is an exciting opportunity in a rapidly evolving market which is key to achieving both Statkraft and Ireland’s decarbonisation targets over the coming decade. The role reports to the Operations Manager.
As an Assistant Project Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Assist the Asset Management team in managing specific projects
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Oversee timelines and scheduled for completion of tasks and achieving project goals
- Manage assigned projects budget pricing and costs
- Assist preparation of technical specifications for projects
- Prepare project status reports and presentations
- Ensure Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) is always used on projects.
- Interfacing with technicians and contractors
- Development of proposals to streamline reporting and improve work routines
- Liaising with outsourced Operations & Maintenance vendors to ensure contracts are effectively managed and the services are delivered on time and to the right standard.
- University degree in sustainable energy engineering or renewable energy degree.
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant work experience in a similar field of managing renewable-energy operations projects with an excellent application of Share-point, MS Excel and other MS applications.
- Keen interest and affinity in working with renewables.
- Proactive and solution orientated with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication, relationship building (including multi-team player) and people skills.
- Well organised and target oriented; strong ability to prioritize.
- Ability to concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations, and risk/benefit, both in written and verbal format to project teams.
- Independent self-starter with a clear ability to manage a large workload, often providing support to processes managed by colleagues, while prioritizing tasks and effectively juggling competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes