BedriftOdfjell Drilling AS
Bransje:Olje og gass Industri / Produksjon
Se her for andre jobber fra Odfjell Drilling AS
Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Vacancies have arisen for Assistant Drillers on the Mariner Project. The successful candidates will become members of the crew working a 3/3 offshore rotation in the UKCS on the Mariner platform.
Some experience with construction/projects would be beneficial in this position. Familiarity with ProCoSys commissioning software would also be useful.
The Assistant Driller operates and monitors all drilling systems and equipment under the supervision of the Driller or Toolpusher, supervises all drill crew work activities, and manages appropriate drilling documentation for the process of drilling oil and gas wells from an offshore drilling unit to the satisfaction of the client, Company management, and within compliance of applicable regulations. All role holders will demonstrate safe working practices in line with Company policies, procedures, training and legal requirements. Personnel will ensure their own safety at all times and will assist in ensuring the safety of others by participating fully in the Company Safety Management System.
The key duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities detailed below:
- Reviews with the Driller and Toolpusher various aspects of the well program and its requirements.
- Inspects drilling rig and reports all faults to the Driller & Toolpusher.
- Assists and supervises all drill crew members in performing maintenance and equipment safety checks on the drilling system as needed.
- Relieve the Driller as necessary in supervising all work carried out on the drilling unit, ensuring that such work is carried out efficiently and in compliance with authorised operating procedures and Group Safety Policy.
- Ensure accurate and complete handovers and assist in maintaining daily drilling records
- Direct the personnel under his authority in the practical steps to ensure that all working places are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition and all working practices employed are safe.
- Responsible for measuring and recording all bottom hole assembly (BHA) components, and any other downhole tools or equipment.
- Checks valve line-up and status on all drilling related manifolds at the start of each shift. (
- Maintain accurate records of tubulars run in the hole including pipe tally, full BHA/completion components and critical fishing dimensions e.g. ID/OD and connections
- Attend onshore or offshore meetings and additional training, as required
- Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
- Become competent in their particular discipline.
- Work towards achieving Drillers competency.
- Coach Derrickmen and Floormen to assist them with their competency.
- Attend safety meetings, emergency and lifesaving drills as required.
- Attend and contribute to TBT/ Safe Job Analysis and ensure full understanding of the planned operation and your responsibilities
- In the event of an incident/accident, ensure all steps are taken to make the area secure for investigation and inform the Senior Odfjell Representative immediately
- Properly use and care for personal protective equipment
- Bring to the immediate notice of their supervisor, any potential hazards to safety, health, plant and equipment, which come to their attention in the course of their work
- Carry out planned safety inspections when required
- Make use of Safety Observation System, and take immediate action to contain, eliminate or guard against actual and potential hazards to safety, health, plant and equipment which come to their attention in the course of their work.
- Monitors all pertinent drilling instruments while on the brake. Monitors various drilling instruments to ascertain bottom hole conditions, along with drill stem and well bore performance while on the brake.
- Operates the hoisting equipment and supervises drill crew while making connections, tripping, testing, etc., until the well is completed to the satisfaction of the client and Company management.
- The Assistant Driller must have an understanding of well control procedures, i.e., detecting, control and recovery.
- Responsible for completing drilling logs and paperwork as required.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- Must be able to perform functions safely.
- Must be able to comply with Company rules.
- Must hold a current/valid IWCF Level 3 certificate
All role holders will demonstrate safe working practices in line with Company policies, procedures, training and legal requirements. Personnel will ensure their own safety at all times and will assist in ensuring the safety of others by participating fully in the Company Safety Management System.
Applications should be submitted via PULSE or by visiting Odfjell Careers Page www.odfjelldrilling.com by Monday 27th January 2020. Please note that we cannot accept email applications.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater