The Integration & Energy division of Kongsberg Maritime has an exciting position as Asset Manager for its USV (Un-manned Surface Vessels) portfolio. This role will report to the Solution Design Business line. The position will work in close collaboration with customers, external suppliers, and relevant stakeholders within Kongsberg Maritime.
As Asset Manager, you will play an important role in technical management of the USV portfolio throughout the lifecycle. You will be responsible for revision/version control and maintaining the individual vessels’ technical database always updated, as well as providing efficient and safe support to the operation of a fleet of USVs. Efficient communication, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills, as well as good understanding of marine operations are crucial factors for success. The Asset Manager will play a central role in optimizing fleet performance and maximize operability.
As Asset Manager you will also be the customers point of contact and responsible for claim handling towards third party suppliers and the various stakeholders within Kongsberg Maritime throughout the warranty period in close cooperation with KM Global Customer Support.
- Handle customer requirements for maintenance and repair.
- Update and maintain vessel and fleet maintenance records.
- Maintain vessel technical records in cooperation with internal and external suppliers.
- Provide technical support to customers and the KM Global Customer Support organisation.
- Support and follow up suppliers regarding technical matters.
Qualifications and experience
- Technical background and experience as marine engineer, ship electrician, marine superintendent, or equivalent background from shipyards or maritime industry.
- Experience from new building supervision is an advantage.
- Familiar with marine operations and best industry practice as well as procurement and logistic services.
- Strong leadership- and communication capabilities, with ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving capabilities, having a proactive approach to maintaining the individual vessels technical functionality.
- Good IT user knowledge, experience with IT based maintenance systems (K-Fleet or similar).
- Good skills in English and Norwegian language, verbal and written.
At KONGSBERG, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every requirement. Research shows that women and minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Your unique perspective is valuable to us. Your skills, attitude and perspective could be exactly what we are looking for!
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
You are able to
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals.
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own areas.
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way.
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively.
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions.
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At KONGSBERG, "Protechting People and Planet" drives solutions, and diverse teams inspire innovation.
Ålesund, Hjørungavåg, Horten or any other KM location.
Point of contact Jonny Rabben, Vice President Solution Design +47 917 00 122
Integration & Energy division is responsible for delivering Kongsberg Maritime's integrated projects, portfolio of Energy and Remote & Autonomous solutions, developing new business concepts and taking solution ownership across Kongsberg Maritime.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two-hundred-year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We are determined in our work to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet
Field Service Engineer - Netherlands
Technical Manager Electrification
Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineer
Service & Support Engineer (Controls)
Gdynia 81-155, Kontenerowa 8