Garuda Oslo AS
Rekruttering og bemanning
Are you looking for a job where you can put your years of study and experience to use in a position requiring technical know-how, people skills, creativity, agility and enthusiasm? Then read on...
Metronor is a provider of an electro-optical solution used on a variety of different platforms. As our portfolio is expanding, we are now looking for an Application Engineer.
We seek an Application Engineer to extend and strengthen our Norwegian-based technical sales and support team. While based in Norway, the right candidate will be a member of a dynamic international team responsible for sales and support of customers, sales partners, and projects worldwide.
Workplace will be Asker, Norway, combined with worldwide travels.
- Participate in and conduct product demonstrations for potential customers
- Create and conduct training programs for customers
- Install systems at customer’s facilities
- Perform application support services in response to customer requirements, both remote (phone, Internet, E-mail) and on the customer’s site
- Write User Manual, Training Manual, and other technical documentation as needed
- Technical background; BSc or MSc equivalent in engineering disciplines
- Documented verbal and writing skills in technical English
- Proven well-structured, reliable, able to take pro-active ownership of tasks and processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and understand the customers industry and business
- Ability to travel internationally; must be prepared for significant amounts of traveling
- Citizen of a NATO or EU country since birth, and eligible for a security clearance
- Holding driver’s license
- Knowledge of 3D measurement technology
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM, CNC machining of complex parts
- Knowledge and experience in technical sales
- Knowledge and experience of production technology
- Calm and relaxed in situations with high pressure
- “Easy-going” and creative/innovative
- Learn and understand the most advanced lean manufacturing methods implemented today, based on snap-together concepts, moving line assembly, predictable supply chain, Industry 4.0 and digital twin concepts, etc
- Be part of a company that works and thinks globally with subsidiaries in Germany, Beijing and US
- Support our more than 20 partners on a worldwide basis, thereby learning how business is done in places like USA, South Africa, Brazil, Malaysia and China
- Excellent working environment and competitive terms and conditions