Bransje:Kjemi og kjemisk Industri / Produksjon
Fylke:VESTFOLD OG TELEMARK
Se her for andre jobber fra Jotun AS
2 x R&D Technicians - Join the team at our brand new R&D center
Jotun's R&D department is currently looking for two new technicians to help us develop new and great powder paint products. The two new technicians will have our brand new R&D center at our headquarters in Sandefjord as their work location.
As our new R&D Technicians your key tasks will be to assist the chemists in developing and maintaining products by making, testing and evaluating paint, coatings and raw material to reach the goals of the R&D plan.
- Prepare specimens, test and evaluate these in accordance with request from chemist and in accordance to relevant test methods and standards.
- Assist in project work and project groups with professional and practical input, plan own time and keep deadlines.
- Keep chemist advised on the progress with ongoing tasks.
- Ensure that necessary raw materials, test specimens and laboratory equipment are available and in good working conditions to secure an effective work environment.
- Report results and write simplified reports so that project objectives can be reached in time.
- Carry out any miscellaneous tasks in the laboratory, in accordance with request from chemist.
- Understand safety data sheet (SDS) and use personal protective equipment accordingly.
- Maintain and operate the specified laboratory equipment.
- Maintain order and cleanliness at work place and in the lab.
- Vocational school or high school and apprentice training with an approved certificate ("fagbrev").
- Preferably approved certificate in chemistry/process.
- Preferably some work experience from process, laboratory or R&D.
- Work languages are: English and Norwegian.
- Familiar with IT tools as a part of your job.
- As visual verification of colors is part of the position candidates can not have color blindness.
- Systematic approach - Uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Constructive teamwork - Co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- Initiative and responsibility - Acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Execution - Adheres to company rules and procedures; executes plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results
- Steadiness - Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports and encourages team in difficult times; is firm and reliable
- Effective communication - Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
A friendly and supportive culture. Jotun is a large and dynamic global community present in over 100 countries. At Jotun we are part of a caring global family. It is an informal work environment with few hierarchies. We are always striving to live our values: Care. Loyalty. Respect. Boldness.
Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development, both through on-the-job training and Jotun Academy. At Jotun we want to develop long-term relationships with our employees and therefore we put a strong focus into nurturing people in building their career with us.
A professional and supportive work environment with focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
Our story is one of innovating and reinventing processes and concepts with the purpose of creating better and sustainable products that will have an impact in the world.
Exciting challenges in a growing company with excellent ﬁnancial results. We are growing steadily and the financial strength this gives us allows us to invest in research and development to create new innovative products and to invest on people and in the support of local communities.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater