Senior Consultant combined with Professor II/Associate Professor in medicine (cardiology)
A permanent 100 % position as Senior Consultant is available at the Department of Cardiology Ullevål, Division of Medicine, Oslo University Hospital Ullevål. The position is affiliated with a permanent part time position as Professor II SKO 8013 (20 % position)/Associate Professor SKO 1011 in Medicine (Cardiology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at Oslo University Hospital Ullevål
The Department of Cardiology Ullevål consists of an Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (13 beds), a cardiac bed ward (28 beds) accommodating a coronary care unit, a center for echocardiography, a center for arrythmias and cardiac device implantations, a section for research and development, and an outpatient clinic. The Department is one of the largest centers in Norway for primary PCI for STEMI (800 primary PCIs every year), and the largest center in Norway for cardiac device implantations and for cardiac device lead extractions. The clinical responsibilities will be detailed individually, but comprise approx. 3 workdays per week according to the agreement between Oslo University Hospital and the University of Oslo for professor II. The activities will include
- Participation in the ordinary clinical work at the department, primarily at the center for echocardiography or at the center for arrythmias and cardiac device implantations
- Participation in the on-call duty
- Research and development integrated in the clinical activities
- Education of medical students and supervision of specialist candidates
- Good theoretical and clinical skills, with special expertise in the field of echocardiography or arrythmias/cardiac device implantations
- Verbal and written communication skills in Norwegian or Scandinavian language
- Senior Consultant position includes ability to be acting team leadership.
- Good cooperation skills, engagement and flexibility.
- Good working capacity
- An inclusive and dynamic working environment.
- A high level of medical expertise
- Well established and well-functioning schemes for combined position as professor
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see:
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and upload the documents as PDF files in Webcruiter (maximum 10MB in one file)
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Professor II as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills:
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tone Tverfjell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 70.000+ unike brukere/mnd
- Over 70.000 CVer registrert
- Motta alle søknader ett sted
- Integrasjon Nav, Finn og lokalaviser
- Annonsering i sosiale medier