Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Helse Sør-øst RHF
Senior Consultant combined with Professor II/Associate Professor in medicine (Gynaecology) – Department of Gynaecological Oncology/Institute of Clinical Medicine
Oslo University Hospital is accredited as Comprehensive Cancer Center (CCC) by the Organization of European Cancer Institutes (OECI). The accreditation is based on the large and complete clinical activity of high quality, in close cooperation with a large clinical and laboratory based research activity with several internationally leading research groups. A separate cancer board has been established to ensure the quality and coordination of the treatment and research services for cancer patients, across the hospital's clinics and in collaboration with the Cancer Registry, University of Oslo and research institutes. The Department of Gynaecological Oncology is part of this work.
A permanent position as Senior Consultant in gynaecological oncology is available at the Department of Gynaecological Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, Oslo University Hospital. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Professor II SKO 9301/Associate Professor SKO 1011 (20 % position) in Medicine (gynaecology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at OUH:
The Department of Gynaecological Oncology is part of the Division of Cancer Medicine that also comprises the Departments of Haematology, Oncology, Medical Physics and Clinical Services, and in addition two research institutes.
The Department of Gynaecological Oncology has approximately 100 employees, and is treating large patient groups, offering drug based and surgical cancer therapy in addition to radiation therapy in close cooperation with the oncological unit for radiation therapy. The Department is the largest nationally and is offering services as a local and regional hospital, in addition to several national responsibilities. A number of clinical studies are ongoing, and the research activity is increasing. The Department is localized at the Radium Hospital.
The Department holds accreditation as an educational site for candidates to the European Society of Gynaecological Oncology’s clinical specialization (ESGO candidates) as well as accreditation as member of the European Reference Network (ERN) for rare solid cancers in adults (EURACAN).
In addition to linear accelerators and treatment modalities for brachytherapy, a proton unit is under construction. The department offers radiochemotherapy in close collaboration with Department of Oncology, in addition to advanced surgical treatment and all kind of medical oncological therapies and has a large out-patient-activity.
The department aims at national and international leading research level within the gynaeoncology area. The department has a large activity within clinical research and aims at cooperating systematically across research fields and with institutions nationally and internationally. There is a unit for clinical trials which collaborates with the Unit for Clinical Trials in the Dept of Oncology. Translational research is performed in close cooperation with the Institute for Cancer Research and the Institute for Cancer Genetics that are both colocated at The Radium Hospital, and with universities.
- Authorization as MD according to the requirements of the Norwegian health authorities and specialist in gynaecology and obstetrics or oncology with broad experience in Gynaecological oncology
- Research competence and experience are especially important, see also required qualifications for the part time position
- Teaching competence
- Experience from leadership and personnel management
- Applicants from countries outside of Scandinavia have to document knowledge of the Norwegian language, written and spoken
- We are looking for a person with clinical and scientific dedication, who wishes to contribute to the development of both clinical and academic oncology
- Ability to cooperate, act in a flexible manner and with good patient interaction
- Personal suitability will be emphasized, especially team working abilities
- Challenging work tasks within an ambitious university hospital environment
- Salary as appointed
- Employment is on the terms determined by current laws, rules and regulations. Membership in the pension arrangements is obligatory
- OUH takes part in agreements with relevant authorities to promote flexible arrangements in case of illness and disability (“IA-bedrift”)
Regarding the position at OUH:
In the event of internal promotion, there may be a vacant position as Associate Professor
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For a complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position, please see: Description of position
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate, Overview of PhD candidate supervision
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Educational portfolio of 3-6 pages documenting educational competence and experience, including a reflection note in which your own practice and learning vision is anchored in the SoTL criteria (focus on student learning, development over time, a research approach and a collegial attitude and practice)
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 2 MB / file).
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: Veiledning for søkere og bedømmelseskomiteer
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Thoril Kristiansen, tlf. +47 22 84 46 99.
Contact person for the combined position: Head of Department of Gynaecological Oncology, Erik Rokkones, mob +47 90028535, e-mail: email@example.com
Do you want to get to know more about our Department: @gynkreft