Type arbeid:PROJECT MANAGER
Bransje:Rekruttering og bemanning
As Project Manager you will contribute to the development and qualification of KBAL, make offers and follow up on installations. You will be in close dialog with ship owners, yards, suppliers, classification societies, partly US Coast Guard and flag states. You will be expected to stay updated on news and regulations regarding ballast water conventions, and there will be some traveling involved in the job. It is also expected that you have a good economical understanding with ability to monitor cost and budget of projects and contribute to a good work environment.
ABOUT KBAL® - NEXT GENERATION BALLAST WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM
Knutsen Ballast Water Technology (KBAL) is a self-developed ballast water treatment system using our patented PV technology in combination with our UV system, for which the company has strong expectations. It is the only ballast water treatment system available on the market that neither uses any kind of chemicals or filters.
The KBAL technology target is to solve one of the worlds large environmental problems, as addressed by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the majority of its members, which will have an impact on the entire world fleet in the coming years. The system is type approved by DNV GL, Lloyds and ABS, will be up for USCG and IMO testing this coming summer, and we aim to get the certificate by summer 2019.
- Project management
- Qualification, development and optimizing of the KBAL technology
- Follow up project costs and budgets
- System integration and implementation
- Stay updated on news and regulations regarding ballast water conventions
- External monitoring and contact with customers, suppliers and classification societies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Science/Engineering
- Experience with project management
- Expertise in hydrodynamics, marine technology and process
- Systematic and decisive with good communication skills
- Analytical and strategic abilities
- Fluent in the English language
WHAT WE OFFER
- Challenging work tasks in an innovative worldwide shipping company where you can have a significant influence
- A collaborate workplace and dynamic environment with highly motivated colleagues committed to excellence
- Competitive terms and benefits including favorable pension and health insurance
- Strong substantiated company values that guide our everyday actions