Type arbeid:PROJECT ENGINEER
Bransje:Rekruttering og bemanning
Spørsmål rettes til
- Frank Kongshavn
- Telefon: 90608448
Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
As Project Engineer you will participate in the design and development of KBAL equipment, guide sub-contractors and have a lead role in the mechanical production. You will cooperate closely with our Technical Operation department, as well as authorities and classification societies. It is expected that you are skilled in Inventor, have a broad engineering interest and understanding, and a solid technical background. You must be structured, hands-on and energetic in your way of working, take initiative and propose new business opportunities to the Managing Director.
ABOUT KBAL® - NEXT GENERATION BALLAST WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM
Knutsen Ballast Water Technology (KBAL) is a self-developed ballast water treatment system using our patented PV technology in combination with our UV system, for which the company has strong expectations. It is the only ballast water treatment system available on the market that neither uses any kind of chemicals or filters.
The KBAL technology target is to solve one of the worlds large environmental problems, as addressed by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the majority of its members, which will have an impact on the entire world fleet in the coming years. The system is type approved by DNV GL, Lloyds and ABS, will be up for USCG and IMO testing this coming summer, and we aim to get the certificate by summer 2019.
- Participate in development, design and engineering of KBAL technical solutions
- Guide suppliers and sub-contractors in the mechanical production of KBAL equipment
- Prepare drawings, BOM's and manufacturing instructions for new projects
- Continuously improve product, work process and procedures, and lead projects in area of expertise
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in engineering discipline
- Proficient in Inventor
- Efficient, hands-on, independent and energetic
- Good communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Challenging work tasks in an innovative worldwide shipping company where you can have a significant influence
- A collaborate workplace and dynamic environment with highly motivated colleagues committed to excellence
- Competitive terms and benefits including favorable pension and health insurance
- Strong substantiated company values that guide our everyday actions